Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting Faster?

Today I went out for an 8 mile run with Trev. Both of my knees (but particularly my right one) continue to be an area of concern for me. I think I'm starting to suffer from tendonitis. Nonetheless, I ran through it again today. Though we didn't wear watches today, I can say with confidence that it's the fastest I've ever run 8 miles. Trevor put his estimate of our pace at 7:30 miles or faster. My estimate is slightly more conservative, but I think we were doing sub 7:45 miles at the slowest. For the first mile and a half we went out fast and I felt good. For the next two miles I felt like crap, but then I hit a groove and we flew for the remainder of the run. At some points, it felt like we were racing. It was an exhilerating feeling. It also felt good to be running with a buddy again. After two weeks of running solo, it was a much needed change of pace.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I live for that feeling of just cruising on asphalt