Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kneed for Speed

7 miles today, and my right knee bothered me throughout. It didn't affect my pace, and it wasn't unbearable, but it was sore all day today and is a bit sore now. Do I need new insoles? Am I wearing the wrong shoes? Maybe I just overdid it last week, with 3 runs over 10 miles in the course of 8 days.

Once again, Trevor and I crushed our miles, and I'm noticing my pace quicken. If it wasn't for my knees, I'd be a happy camper. Instead, I'm a concerned one. Tomorrow is a scheduled speed workout, and I plan on skipping it. I might buy new insoles when I go to the mall to replace my broken phone. Laptop, iPod, cell phone ... all broken within a couple of months. Keep your electronics away from me.

"I can't go on. I'll go on."
--Samuel Beckett

1 comment:

PointSpecial said...

New runner... just found your blog and I saw you were having some knee trouble. Where on your knees does it hurt?

I've had knee discomfort in some odd places before (back when I used to work out... until now, when I've restarted!) so I might have some tips for you.