Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Seven for Breakfast

I was out the door at 7:00 AM with Trev for a 7 miler. I don't usually run right when I get out of bed, but I hadn't run with Trev in a while and wanted to have some company. I'm usually dehydrated when I wake up in the morning, and I didn't have any gatorade or time to properly catch up with my fluids. I also hadn't eaten anything. I think those were the primary factors in my feeling very weak and tired on the run.

When the marathon comes, I'll have to be sure to do the carbo loading the night before as well as get up early enough to drink plenty of fluids and put something small in my stomach.

That's the game plan.

On a side note, a week from today I start as the Assistant Cross Country Coach at ARHS. I'm pretty pumped about that. Because I've been running all summer, I feel that I'll know what I'm talking about as well as be able to participate in some of the workouts with the kids.

And of course, I start year two of teaching next week.

1 comment:

PointSpecial said...

I know what you mean about working out early in the morning... We used to have morning basketball practices at 5:30 A.M. From the time I got up until practice was usually about 45 mins, but it also usually involved the 3/4 mile walk (uphill, usually with lots of snow on the ground), so even though I chugged a gatorade and had some granola bars or something else light like that, it didn't really tide me over for the whole practice. Working out hard before your first real meal makes it so much more fulfilling in my opinion!