Sunday, August 10, 2008

What am I doing?

The last three days have been unacceptable. First day, I didn't run. I rationalized this by saying my knee could use the rest. The next day, I didn't run again. I have no reason for rationalizing this other than it didn't "fit into my day" ... of course I had plenty of time to get up in the morning and do the run.

Today, I manned up and planned a 13.5 mile route because I was scheduled for a long run anyway. Problem: I developed a severe stomach ache after about 4 miles and ended up walking much of the next 4, totaling 8 miles for the day. Having to walk after only 4 miles is something that hasn't happened to me in a long time ... and I felt pretty pathetic.

I can't figure out where the stomach ache (still lingering) came from. I don't think it was diet or hydration related .... and I don't really think I'm sick (no other symptoms). I've had stomach problems like this before, and it's frustrating.

If I want to succeed 9 weeks from now, I need to get off my ass and get back in gear. This training is a long haul for sure. I'm not looking for sympathy. Only to vent.

Onward.

No comments: