Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday 6/19

7 mile bike path loop.

Today was good, in part because I called up Matt Offenbacher and invited him to join me and Trev for the run. Matt has always been a strong runner (much stronger than me), though he claimed to be very very out of shape. He took the first 2.5 miles quite strong, and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up. Around mile 5 he hit a bit of a wall and in mile 6 he was clearly struggling. It was great to see him again, and this is probably the first time I've ever outrun him. I try not to judge myself on comparisons to other people ... after all, I have no control over others, and there will always be people out there faster than me ... but nonetheless it was a confidence booster.

Weather was great ... but my legs felt very sore from yesterday's intervals. Also did CORE after the workout. I felt soreness from CORE two days ago ... I found that to be odd because I didn't feel to bad yesterday. A bit of a lag. I have a long way to go before I'm satisfied with my upper body strength (and my fitness in general), but I'm making strides.

I'm probably going to be looking to do 4 or 5 tomorrow. Hopefully be up for a 10 miler come Sunday.

Note to self. Chinese food after a run is delicious. Also makes you feel dumb for running 7 miles and then eating it all back immediately.

No comments: