Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thursday 7/3 - It's Official

Big day for me today for a couple of reasons.

I'm officially signed up to run the 26th Mohawk Hudson River Marathon in Albany, NY on October 12th. Filling out the info and putting in the credit card number for the registration was a simple process, but one that was daunting because of what it implied. I'm committed to running a marathon in a little over 14 weeks. I have a plan to get me ready for it, and I have a solid base of training to work with. Still scary though.

Today I did a double session for the first time. I ran 7 miles this morning, then 5.25 miles this afternoon. I'm sore and tired, and for the second session I purposely didn't bring a watch and definitely put things in cruise control. However, I completed the task and will continue to work towards pushing two runs like that into one (plus additional miles) for single long runs that will be done with some semblance of regularity. At the same time, I'm going to be keeping my peak weekly mileage at 50, with most weeks having a weekly mileage of between 35 and 45.

Excellent.

No comments: